Saturday, November 12, 2011

A reason for the season

This time of year takes my love of hosting and cooking to a whole different level. Something about wanting to be warm and cozy with loved ones just sounds really good.

I invited my grandparents, parents, siblings and the Pugh family over to our place for dinner on the 26th just because it's been a while since we've seen the Pugh's. We've been really close family friends for about 20 years now and the last couple years have just gotten really busy, so I decided now was as good a time as any.

I cooked up stuffed peppers, roasted potatoes, caesar salad and amazing garlic bread. I wish I could take the credit for the recipe I got for the garlic bread but I can't and even better it's super easy--it's one of my favorite things I make! I also made sure to get my favorite red wine considering I can never finish a bottle myself (I probably could but never would...) Rosenblum Cellars Vintners Cuvee Zinfandel. You red wine lovers out there.... PLEASE try it! I have only been able to find it at Food Pavilion here in town and it's very well priced I think like $11.

Rudy and Anna couldn't make it due to work schedules but the rest of the clan made it and our house filled up! :)

Nanny and Papa. My papa got to our house first and seemed a little out of sorts from a long day so I offered him the remote, recliner, and a glass of red. He passed of everything but the wine and said I'm enjoying watching you work! haha Such a smartass but I can't help but love everything about that man.


Our little guy is such a ham when there's a crowd. He's gotten into the idea that say HI is the first thing you do when you see someone you know haha or don't know. I love guessing what he's going to do or say these days. So much personality and ridiculously cute!

The parents
Such good friends for the better part of my life. A lot has happened and even though we don't get together as much as we used to it doesn't feel like any time has passed.

Okay well even though Cole and I weren't really paying attention this was the best one of everyone else.

Ignore my mess of a kitchen in the background but my mom was just so excited about going somewhere else for dinner and having someone take care of her. Love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment