This morning I woke up to something written about Karma..... I thought to myself how a lot of people believe that if someone wrongs them that it will surely come back to get that person; karma. Then I thought well if something that terrible happened to that person then wouldn't that have originally been their karma? I have to say that I personally don't buy it. Unfortunately, bad things happen to good people and I don't think that there is any rhyme or reason to it. Not because they have done something to deserve it or hurt someone else. I think it's safe to say that everyone in their lifetime has done something to wrong someone that they aren't necessarily proud of whether it be big or small. Maybe believing in karma is a way of getting over certain situations that leave you bitter and upset. I was looking through different friends blogs today and came across this post that cleared my mind of this battle that was going on inside my head! THANK YOU! Sometimes I can just get stuck on a thought for far too long :) These reminders, I think, are great for everyone! Enjoy!
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio .
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
With age comes wisdom!
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Cole and I have not had a full weekend off together in what seems like the entire time we've been together that hasn't been preplanned with a vacation, and last weekend we did! So we went down to Seattle with Meg and Tom and scalped some tickets to the UW ASU game! I brought VERY warm clothes and layers upon layers (I always figure I can strip down and drop a few) and the whole way down we kept hoping the rain was going to stay away. It didn't look too terrible however, as soon as the game started it brought the rain with it! Not just a little rain but a fricken monsoon! I was making fun of Meghan for wearing rain boots but in the end it was me that was wishing I had some! The positive to all this was that it really wasn't that cold and Cole and found us some ponchos :) When we found our seats I sat next to an 80 year old man and immediately became best friends! Cole was laughing at me for talking so much (a couple of drinks will do that to me :) ) but I swear that guy was talking to me! haha We had such a great time and couldn't have gotten out and enjoyed ourselves if Papa and Memi didn't take Booger! THANK YOU! :) By half time we, along with everyone else in the stadium, were soaking wet! Yes, even the ones undercover because the walk alone to the stadium was enough! We decided to head to the Mountlake Brewery and catch the second half. We had such an awesome server, got some good food and a couple drinks. It was the perfect way to top off the night!
Such a great night but we couldn't wait to get back to our little man! I don't know what we're going to do when we go on our honeymoon!!!
Posted by The Van Prices at 10:37 PM
I LOVE the nights where a lot of us girls can get together and do dinner and chit chat. Because a lot of us now have a baby or two our already large group now fills up a house really fast! I had a few toys in the house that we usually have for the boys (Crew Brodes and Kyler) that worked perfect for Lisa's kids Finn and Ryan and kinda kept Katie's little Madyn busy for 2 seconds :) Cole made sure to find something to do because even though he loves my girls almost as much as I do it definitely is too overwhelming for him! :) Before everyone came over Cole and I spot cleaned the house and made sure to Lysol everything considering Kade is now chewing on anything in sight and it's that time of year! Katie got to the house first -besides Meghan who has been living with us for the past two months now- and the first person/thing to walk in the door was this adorable little elephant.....
Katie had just bought her Halloween-Tricks-or-Treating costume and had to show it off. That and Madyn couldn't get enough of the trunk or telling us what an elephant sounds like :)
Finally found Kade and wanted to help him jump in his 'new' jumper courtesy of Piss, Jules and the other bodies that have once upon a time filled it's space :)
Sweet little Almira! Oh my goodness is this girl just a charmer! Her and Kade are so much alike minus the age difference and the fact that she smiles when a camera is out! Something we definitely need to work on!
All the babes that were there..... one of these days we'll have to get them all in there! Lawsen (My cousin Alexa's), Grant and Audrey (Alyssa's) and Camryn (Kandice's) would be fun to add to the mix but considering this was a last minute gathering I would say we got more than expected! Left to Right: Finn and Ryan (Lisa's), Madyn (Katie's), Almira (Beth's), Kade, Willem (Terell's), and little Norah (Kaitlyn's)
Cole had stopped by the house for a couple minutes to grab his wallet and to give me some quick kisses :) so I designated him as photographer to get a couple shots of everyone together. My kisses aren't free ;) haha Only kidding but it was perfect timing! Left to right: Kiley, Beth and Almira, Michelle, Me and Kade, Kaitlyn and Norah, Katie and Madyn, Terell and Willem, Meg, Kari, Mel and Lisa, Ryan and Finn :)
Little Norah and Kaitlyn are in town for a couple days so the came by too which made this girls night extra special :) I wish that they would move back this way.... I'll even take Seattle! ;) Hint hint Kaitlyn!
Kiley and wirey Willem (Terell's)
Kaitlyn and Norah.... She looks SO much like Dan.
Eventually an arranged marriage :) I adore Almira (Beth's) and think that she is just the biggest sweetheart kinda like her mama and auntie (Lisa)! Of course two of my best and longest friends; I always love getting together with them!
While we were getting all the kids together I was looking like a retard making any face I could to get Kade to smile and laugh like he usually does (I swear!) but he didn't crack a bit! Pretty sure it was fairly entertaining and we had the whole room cracking up at us but this kid is not in love with the camera! That has to change because I am taking a photography class on the 24th that I have been looking forward to for quite sometime and have had a very nice camera to boot. It's easy to use but there is so much potential that I have no idea how to crack into! Anyway towards the end I was wanting to get a picture of Kade and Willem together and Kade sneezed and made his first 'different' face and it was a 'Mom get this snot of my face I'm not ammused' look hahaha I'll be happy when the snotty nose goes away!
Me and my other man :) So crazy to see how times have changed and what used to be my crazy out of control friends (and maybe myself) now as mature laid back mommies! Granted I have my moments of still being a kid myself, it's crazy how having one of your own changes you.... Whether you're ready or not! :)
We had so much fun and took some great pictures that I know we will pull out later on in life to show them how they were friends from birth! :) I love these girls and I love all of these babies! I can't wait to see the personalities grow and see the friendships blossom even more!
Posted by The Van Prices at 9:01 PM
Friday, October 15, 2010
Since we have officially moved Grandma up this way and got her settled into her new place, we get to see her more often and every once and a while plan a 'date' :) Leslie, Cole, Kade, Jules and I took Gloria out for lunch to Boston Pizza to get out and spend some time together. She told us about her recent happenings or lack there of and wanted to know all about ours. It's been a little hard for her to be more dependent on others considering she's been SO independent for so long. It's been quite the transition to say the least. Of course I brought my camera with me a snapped a few :)
Grandma and Kade :)
Grandma and Kade :)
The ladies and Kade of course:)
We definitely need to get Grandma out more often and catch up. Kys birthday party is coming up on Monday night and we might just have to kidnap Gloria and bring her to the festivities! :)
Posted by The Van Prices at 8:52 PM