Thursday, November 10, 2011

Honeymooners :)

While deciding where we wanted to go for our honeymoon Cole and I both wanted sun and not to far away. We started looking into Hawaii and Mexico and found several places that looked amazing and somehow got to Fiji. Real close! Chuck and Leslie have a time share and way to generously offered us some 'time'. We figured when would we, now that we've started our family, ever for one feel okay with spending the money and two get to take that time to get away again! Our parents were beyond amazing with taking our little guy and that put us at ease because we knew he would be in great hands. So Fiji it was and really I was so excited and really looking forward to getting away, but the closer it got the more anxious I got. I finally decided that we were going to need some good alone/family time to put myself a little more at ease. I booked a camping spot at the Chelan City Park and when Frank and Joy Mansfield found out we were going camping they offered up their motorhome for us! SO cool!

They day after our wedding we packed it up and got on the road..... with the one and only Cruiser as an addition :) His Nana and Papa were camping that same week so we got to play matching games for the whole 5 hours. haha Actually fun and surprisingly hard. I started out letting him win and realized he kicked my butt and definitely decided to up my game!

My very trustworthy Captains. Crew wouldn't stop bothering us about getting to sit in the front seat so for 5 minutes of the trip I finally gave in. haha It was pretty cute how excited he was to be like Uncle Cole.

My and my Kader in the back. We started traveling really late so I broke the rules a bit. I can't stand it when they fall asleep in the carseats and their necks look completely kinked and if it's a quick trip from Bellingham, it's a different story but for 4 hours? I was his seat belt. 

Crew on the other hand I made wear a seat belt. Not only because I'm not his mama to be making those decisions but because it was set up perfectly for him.

Goodness I can never get sick of this face! He's got my heart for keeps!

Well we ended up spending a lot of time with our Cruiser :) The ride there went really smoothly and we ended up having a lot of fun. It was pretty cute when we would get to the 'beach' he would come running over to us screaming and making sure we got in the lake ASAP! We made sure to do a walk every morning to go see Crew--If we didn't we would hear about it :)

Kade loved the motorhome and we did as well! Just being able to make sure he got his naps in and having the quiet space was a life saver! Chelan was exactly what I needed with my boys. Camping with little ones is no easy task and being so close to the water we really had to have our eagle eyes on! Needless to say, I was really excited about peace and quiet on a beautiful beach.

And so we were off to travel half way across the world! Dropping off Kade at Chuck and Leslie's I balled like a little baby and I don't know how many hugs I got from Chuckie telling me it's going to be okay, I got into our car and had Cole and Tom (Tom took the car home from the airport) laughing at me. After we got on the road a little bit I started getting back to myself a bit around Marysville. The craziness of the airport and the nightmare of my traveling *I'll spare you the details but it was HORRIBLE!* actually acted as a blessing in disguise. I was so frustrated with what was going on that I hardly thought about missing Kade too much. Yeah that bad. haha I can laugh now.

VERY big plane :) Made me feel safer for some reason even though the saying is the bigger they are the harder they fall. I'm not the best flyer....

This is what the next day after travelling looked a lot like considering I got ZERO minutes of sleep on the plane.

I can't deny my love for the sun and Fiji gave me a lot of it!

Cole and I caught a lot more sunrises than sunsets. I think it probably took us about 4 days to really get on Fiji time. It was weird because minus a day difference we were only 5 hours off time wise. Just enough to throw a bit of a wrench.  

A little Fijian dancing for your pleasure. It was so incredibly hot to be in direct sunlight and they were sweating bullets! Surprisingly they LOVED all of their tourists. Such amazing and genuinely kind people there and when we told them we had a little one at home they made sure to get every detail about Kade :) Almost made missing him worse!

We got away for a REALLY nice dinner about a mile down 'our' beach and the restaurant was beautiful. I was so excited to try their cuisine in general being a food lover and we were both so disappointed at most places! It was awful however, this dinner was AMAZING! 

So handsome, Cole Carl :)

We met some of the most awesome people and hung out a lot of the second half of our vacation. Craig, Kat and Jessi Pike from Australia. Craig, the total bser, gave me so much crap on a daily basis because of how us Americans talk. It was hilarious because he made me sound southern.... Hardly the case! Jessi made sure to give me lots of kisses when I said I missed Kade -- it was often.

Fiji was pure paradise and I was so happy that we decided to spend our honeymoon there. The time travel was worth it in the end and just to be able to say we've been there is awesome. Only bad part now is that I want to go back SO badly. Cole and I got to spend a lot of very nice quality quiet time between the two of us and of course enjoyed our romantic time with no Kader interruptions. We have a vacation in the books with the Pikes already and this time we're bringing them our way to Hawaii and I'm so excited to introduce Jessi and Kade!

No comments:

Post a Comment