Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The most perfect day I never dreamed of



Now I never was the girl to dream of my wedding day or my Prince Charming. I usually was busy getting into trouble, getting dirty, playing with the boys and that usually enjoyed a ball of some sort. Never would I be described as girly and usually more of a tomboy. I hated having my hair curled or teased, wearing frilly 'stupid' dresses or ever wearing make-up. Funny how times change! I still love my sports don't get me wrong and don't usually wear too much make-up still however, ever since Cole and I came back into each others lives I had been dreaming of August 20, 2011 ever since till it finally came! There have been some awesome people in my life and this isn't meant to play them down at all but I really do believe that there is a certain chemistry between people that you can't deny, and Cole and I have that. I count my blessings everyday that we found each other when we did.

The day was so beautiful in an otherwise really crummy summer and all of our families and closest friends were there to help celebrate our special day with us. I had been so calm planning and prepping, in my opinion busy being a mom, and still was the morning of. I stayed the night at my parents house with a few of my girls.... Felt like old times! I woke up knowing it was our wedding day however I don't think it really hit till my sister, Emma, and I got in the car and drove into Bellingham to get our make-up done; one of my favorite parts of the day! We talked a lot, not too out of the ordinary, but cried tears of joy. I think it was really good for me to be able to feel so comfortable and get it out then instead of in front of 250 people!

Make-up was finished, hair perfected, and I decided I wanted to go barefoot and fancy free so the last little bit was the dress. I loved the dress when we picked it out at Alicia's but when I put it on with all my t's crossed and i's dotted it was perfect and I felt like I was on cloud nine.

When we arrived to the condo to finish getting ready, I think it really started to hit me and it felt like a million butterflies were set free in my tummy! I went through waves of happy tears and painful laughter. Abby literally did my hair in 10 minutes *insanely talented* and it was exactly what I had imagined. I can be super picky and usually I can pick something out that just isn't right but on that day everything was perfect. I remember thinking I was going to just not be my normal OCD self and focus more on the laid back side but I never had to. haha

Cole laughed at the pictures later because I was walking around in my underwear and tank top... yes braless. I swear it's the most comfortable thing to me and is often how I am in the privacy of our own home. I did later put on my 'bride' robe for most of the pictures. :)

The first look..... There's something about a man shedding a tear that is so endearing. I'm not going to lie, I was an emotional wreck for this part as well. There has just been so many different obstacles that we have been faced with and have always come out stronger and this moment was just an amazing victory. Definitely found the man of my dreams.


My studly boys. While most of the guys have been childhood friends or family to Cole I have come to love all of them just as much. One of my favorite things about Cole and I is that I feel like we genuinely share every aspect of our lives.

The Price family photo. Wouldn't be normal if we didn't have some funny faces going on (I'm talking about Brody and Crew)

My girls. While they might not all be family technically they sure feel like it. I searched and searched and searched for a decently priced dress and found these. I fell completely in love with them and in my opinion some of the best bridesmaid dresses out there..... $69!!! Beat that! The dresses were beautiful and my girls for sure rocked them.

The Van Ry family photo. Alls I got to say is that I love my family and even though I'm no longer a 'Van Ry' I'll always claim them :)
As parents you are totally biased towards your own children. So dang adorable and NO the didn't make it all the way down the isle, but I loved it even more.  Our little flower girl Almira who seriously couldn't have been any cuter and my main little man Kade Charles Price!

We were so honored and privileged to have our good friend Steve Loeffler sing at our wedding. We are at their house often and it's always a treat when he pulls out his guitar and we get to do a sing along but this was extra special. The man is incredibly talented!

Oh yeah baby! Why is it that you can kiss multiple times every single day and then be SO nervous for The Kiss. Neither one of us is a big PDA type person so that could be why but even so.... nerve racking!

SO incredibly happy. There is something to be said of saying your vows and professing your love in front of God, family and friends. When our Pastor Randy Pries announced us as Mr. and Mrs. Cole Price there was no way to wipe that cheesy smile off my face! 

The flowers were so gorgeous and I owe all the creative control and design to the one and only Lori Tenkley at Blossom's downtown Lynden. Lori's been a close family friend for a long time and when it came to my wedding there was no doubt who I wanted. Not only is she an amazing individual but she is incredibly hard working and efficient!

My family officially as one! :)

Most of the day was spent with the emotional wave of pure happiness and this was no exception but not in tears. We just laughed and 'BSed' the whole time. Reiterating over and over how happy we were and how that day couldn't have been any better.

Party on Garth!.......Party on Wayne!
No there is never any competitive edge in our family....ever! :) Go Jean GO! haha

Oh Chili Bean! I love you....

haha I'm sure I'm trying to tell him not to pull a Brittney!

Ol' Unit.... You're next?! Yeah right... haha

Such a beautiful day full of amazing people and such a strong and unveiling love. There is not one thing that I could have ask more of and am going to be forever thankful for everyone who was involved in the planning and decorating. You only get one special day and we did it exactly right.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! Our family pic turned out way better than I thought, except who is that chic with the nasty tan lines! Geez! Perfect day and we all had a blast being there right next to you guys! WE love you!

    ReplyDelete