Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sweet potatoes, Peas and Bananas OH MY!!

We have officially rounded up our first week of baby food! :) The faces I have gotten to see through the different flavors has been hilarious! We started with the bananas figuring he would love it, and while it could have been a big mistake to start with what most consider the easiest, it wasn't. He did love his nanas after the initial shock of food instead of formula but I'm pretty sure that the sweet potatoes have become our favorite! In fear of having an orange baby I incorporated peas every third bite and that went a LOT smoother than expected! Most babies that I have come across HATE peas! While he wasn't thrilled he would take them, swallow and then shoot me a smile once they were down. I get the feeling that he's pretty proud of himself and as he should be! He has definitely gone through all of the changes a baby faces beautifully with ease and Cole and I couldn't be more thankful for that :) We keep saying and couldn't me more convinced that the next child of ours is going to be one heck of a handful!

This kid is seriously so much fun and I really can't imagine my life with out him anymore. Cole and I were just talking about how life before was so simple, on the go when you want and it never really seemed that simple before. I've always been more of a home body and family oriented person so it's not an unbelievable shock but it is an adjustment making sure there's a babysitter lined up or making sure we can bring him with. Our parents have been SO awesome with our lack of planning and asking for last minute help. I'm sure that will come with more practice but my mom has been a saint for days and Chuck and Leslie have been great for our weekends. We really can't say thank you enough! It's so great that all of our friends are in love with him and that he's really good with everyone else as well! He's quite the charmer to say the least :)



There's still some adjusting to do for all three of us, but for the first week I think we're doing awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Sure continue to RUB it in!!! Although Kade still has a chance to make up for lost time... Cute bib by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bib too...my sister just bought Baby Westyn that bib & matching onesie...He is too cute too!! I hope my baby is that well behaved :)

    ReplyDelete