Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy HOOOLLOWEEN!

Cole and I took off to the mall for our usual last minute shopping and brainstorming for costumes this year. We were going to go for a full costume for Kade until we decided to stop into Baby Gap and found a matching pair of mittens and hat that we HAD to have! It was of course retardedly expensive so I figured to turn it into his costume as well! :) Two birds with one stone haha considering I was getting it no matter what, I figured I'd make it better in Coles eyes ;) That store can get me every single time!
I absolutely LOVE this picture! It's that smile and chubby cheeks that I just can't get enough of! The owl 'costume' was actually quite ironic because when he 'talks' it's a lot of hoos! haha Too cute!

Cole doesn't usually care to get totally dressed up.... I can get him to do just about anything except any Disney characters, which I'm really not that sold on either, it's just the challenge! One of these days I'll get him to do it! However, as we were in the store we were looking at wigs and he came up with Kurt Cobain..... uh ya! I thought for a second and have to admit I was NOT thrilled to say the least. Who would I be if you were Kurt Cobain? COURTNEY LOVE?!? I've always wanted to dress up as Courtney ;) Not that I have ever really been the type to go ubber sexy or have to be all pretty, but Courtney was definitely a stretch to say the least! I let him have this year, but next year I see Disney! :)

We got our shenanigans in at the Loefflers on Friday night and relaxed at home as a family Saturday night. We didn't really think to turn our porch light on and really kind of forgot about trick or treaters altogether! Around 10 pm we got a ring at the door and I was thinking it was one of our friends coming over to say hi or something and when I opened the door it was two 14 (ish) year old boys in costumes with masks and it scared the crap out of me! I let our a little scream and they though it was just hilarious! After I realized what was going on I laughed with them and gave them everything we had! haha They earned it! :)Some more friendly visitors -- Chris Jules Crew Brody and Ky's came over and we made sure to go get 'special' candies. All three of them are now up and moving and it makes me so excited for when Kade starts getting after it too!

Halloween is officially over which makes me SO excited only because that means Thanksgiving, Christmas, LOTS of family, good food and cozy nights are a comin'! I'm also on board with all of this snow talk because last winter I was pregnant and was not allowed to get any boarding in and I am just itching to get up!!! Hope everyone had a good/safe time with their tricks-or-treating!

4 comments:

  1. He is sooooo cute! He has your cheeks and dimples Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie...I actually saw that Owl hat & gloves too on Saturday when my sister & I were looking for cute baby clothes...I absolutely love giraffes and they have a set with that too...toooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his costume. Kade is SO cute! I'm with you on being excited because Halloween is over because of what it means is coming...I feel the EXACT same way. Bring on winter and all the cozy stuff that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes bring on WINTER, AND SNOW! Becca I want a copy of that picture of Kader, it is my favorite! Yes and we appreciate the special treats, who gets like 5 full size candy bars anyway!!? :)

    ReplyDelete