Thursday, October 27, 2011

X rated!!

Not really, but there were parts of it that were and I will be sure to leave those out! :) What happens in Whistler STAYS in Whistler. There were a few on the list that weren't yet 21 so that meant either Canada or house party. I really liked the idea of getting away with a group to get some good quality time spent together. Considering any bachelorette party that I have been to, it's usually a party and most of the time crazy. While it's always fun I wanted some sober time to just relax. Many on the list were moms and couldn't agree more with a weekend idea!
I LOVE Whistler! To me, it just feels like a hole in the world! The people are usually always cool and fun and when we decided on the location, Julie went to town finding all the best deals--her specialty! While Julie organized, my mom, sister, Anna, Beth and Lisa shopped for surprise decorations! haha Yes, my MOM! Too funny, but I'm pretty sure she was loving the whole idea of a bachelorette weekend. Because I don't know how to not help plan I decided to go to Costco with Meghan and Julie to purchase all the food and rehydrating beverages we would need.

Time came to hit the road so we packed 7 different vehicles full of girls and got to it. I felt a little bad considering that drive isn't the easiest on everyones tummies.... Regardless, we finally arrived, all at different times and got settled and the party began! It was hilarious to see people faces when they heard that 'that' group was just getting bigger. All of my aunts jumped on board along with all of my cousins and best friends. Icing on the cake is that my mother-in-law came long! Leslie laughed at the idea at first and gave a sigh... I wasn't about to let her stay at home and told her she didn't have an option. Seriously, she's one of the funniest people I know and have grown to love everything about her! There were a few that couldn't make it and such as life so there were some that were missed but besides that the BEST group ever!






This was the first night.... When we got all situated within the rooms we decided to head out on the town while waiting for everyone else to get there. I heard someone in the condos talking about a free concert in the village and got super stoked considering I love free things! :) Turns out it was Jason Mraz and I flipped out. Not only do I love him but our song has always been as 'I'm yours' as well as our wedding song! Of course my mom got all emotional talking about it all being kismet and Gods plan and of course I started crying because I couldn't agree more! Tears of joy and happiness are the best kind out there :) After our moment I rounded the troops and made sure to get good and as close as we could. The man is talented! After we heard THE song we headed up a bit for dinner and drinks at some brewery still within ears reach. Me being the responsible mom that I am decided to go sober the first night knowing I wouldn't have a choice the next night!

My sister and cousin Stelli.... No longer the little awkward girls. I cannot believe how absolutely stunning they are and truly the life of the party! They were a friggin blast!

The moms!! :) Loved having them there..... Yes there were your interesting moments but oh well they only make you closer! haha

The whole group of beautiful ladies minus the 6 'moms' (My mom, aunts, Leslie and Denny)

Keeping in the family. (left to right) My brothers girlfriend Anna, cousin Alexa, cousin Estelle, sister Emma Jean, Me, cousin Abby and cousins wife Ashley.
haha again in the family :)

My totally awesome wedding party


Nothing like a sister

Jules and Leslie Ray

The beautiful twins



A long post for an even longer weekend. I had so much fun and have my girls and Whistler to thank for that! The drive home...... Oh man

1 comment:

  1. I love all the new posts! It was so fun to be a part of it! You and Cole are such a beautiful couple inside and out! Can't wait for the wedding post! :)

    ReplyDelete