Thursday, October 27, 2011

A little run-through



August 18th, Cole, Kade and I, our families and our wedding party came together at Homestead to get a little rehearsing in. Before getting there I always kind of found rehearsals to be a bit odd and unnecessary. Boy was I wrong. Because we decided we wanted to get married on the driving range instead of under a tent it was completely wide open. Where to be waiting, walking, standing and all in that order. I kept getting asked all these specific questions that needed specific answers and I am so 'go with the flow' type of person. Pretty sure most of my answers were 'wherever' or 'sure' or 'that sounds good'. I guess if I really thought about it of course there would be intricate details that would need to be put in place but I never really thought that hard. I always just focused and dreamed about walking down to Cole and pronouncing our vows and love in front of God and our loved ones. To me that's all that there was!

A while back the Sytsma's had come out to Packers for a family dinner and I got the pleasure of serving them! We got into wedding talk of course and Shelly was telling me I was crazy to not have a wedding planner or someone to 'boss' people around in her words. She insisted that she be mine and I said that sounds good to me! haha THANK GOODNESS! I hate to be the one to tell people what to do and really if it came down to it I probably wouldn't. Not saying that I can't stress out or worry but I find it to be pointless to stress on little details that most people wouldn't even notice. Every t was crossed and every i was dotted and I didn't have to say a word!

After the organization was finished all of us and then some went back to Leslie Ray and Chuckie's for some drinks and grub. The food was amazing, drinks were good, fire and games were fun and the company couldn't have been better! We loved having a little back yard affair; keeping it intimate and relaxed.















People stuck around till the crack of dawn telling stories and enjoying company. The idea of having a day in between the rehearsal and wedding day turned out to be one of the best ideas I've ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment