Tuesday, October 4, 2011

1st Big game!


Back in May, we decided to take Kade to his first Mariner's game! We went knowing it could either be a really stupid idea or a really fun idea and our little guy stayed true as we hoped. It was a great day! Cole and I sometimes, what seems to be often, like to make things a little difficult by forgetting the stroller. Maybe this is just part of being a parent but we've become very inventive and creative finding ways to get this busy guy to settle down and still get a nap in. 6th inning came around, Cole went to the sports shop and bought a huge extremely fuzzy and conveniently expensive blanket and we created an amazingly comfortable hammock. Needless to say Kade was out like a thief in the night! (Cole's saying)


I just love his little hat on backwards :)

Uncle Dustin came along with us and spent some quality time teaching him special ways with the ladies! haha I seriously was in tears a lot of the day watching him get in with a bunch of girls that just wanted to say hi to Kade. In Dustin's defense though they did stick around and talk with Dustin as well. I told him that most girls will like the baby thing until they think it's yours, so as soon as he would rope them in he would explain that Kade was like his nephew and not actually his. It was quite an eventful day to say the least :)

Of course have to get the family photo.... Notice the bink?

I was a determined mama and was NOT going to leave that game with out a ball for Kade. I hung out for 3 innings and Dustin was informing me that one of the pitchers kept stealing a look and that I should show some more cleavage.... par for the course for him that day! I opted to go for the I'm a mom and my baby needs a 1st game ball! haha It worked!

As soon as we gave it to him and thanked League for giving it to us, he went to throw it back!! Luckily Cole caught it before it went over the edge. If Kade had more in him I would've stuck around to get it signed but we all were over it. Mariners won and we had a blast - Another one for the books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment