Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Day BUSY day!

Alarms went off at 6:15 am and Cole and I rolled out of bed got Kade together and drove off to my parents house to start Christmas off with Breakfast and presents! My phone started going off at about 6:30 with text message after text message and I called it before even looking at it, I told Cole.... Emma Jean! This girl kills me! I am SO NOT a morning person and while I am extremely excited for Christmas and time with family I like to kind of move at my own pace-Cole will vouch for that haha! Jean and Rudy both when we were all under the same roof would come and jump on my bed and rip my blankets off to get me up and even then I would just mess with them a bit and take even more time! I laughed a little thinking to myself how this year they had zero control on whether or not I was getting up or not! Maybe if we didn't have such a busy day I would have taken more time! Anyway, we got to my mom and dads and my mom already had breakfast finished and sitting in the oven ready to go! Impressive... Cole Kade and I even beat my Brother and Anna there! Finally the last of the mohicans arrived and we got started with our gifts. I know Christmas is not about presents however I love nothing more then a good surprise and this year I didn't know anything that I was getting so I was EXTREMELY excited! We got SO overboard spoiled this year and we LOVED everything! We've had such a great year of health with the whole family and so many GREAT things happening which is more than enough already!



He specifically picked these Ecco golfing shoes and sent the email to my mom..... Completely forgot about it all! Maybe our lives are just a tad busy! haha Like I said nothing like a good surprise!

Booger and Auntie Anna!

Our Giant Uncle Rudy and Auntie Anna! Sad to say they leave us for four and a half months in a couple days! These two crazy kids are our travel bugs and are heading to South America next! :( This isn't our first time saying buy for a while but it is hard not seeing them as often as we do! Rudy's back packed Europe by himself and did Study Abroad to New Zealand and Australia as well. Anna taught English in China as well as traveled to Thailand. Between the two of them they will soon have hit just about everywhere! We live vicariously through them! Love you guys and wish you safe travels!!

We were finding Anna pretty funny

Dishin up some breakfast :) is it bad that we did presents first? haha


Us kids

My little family :) What a great year we have had!

After the craziness at the Van Ry's we headed over to the Prices where it gets just a tad more crazy and a 'tad' more loud! The boys really do add a lot more noise to the adult company however we are SO thankful that Kade has some fun and crazy cousins to hang out with! We can't wait to see them grow up together! We got a second breakfast *not like you can't get enough food in in the holidays!* and got our second round of gifts and family!

Grandma Gloria just can't get enough of Kade when we see her and I really don't blame her considering we don't get to see her near as much as we should or like! It's definitely something we need to work a LOT harder on!

This crazy lady is still getting onto the floor!!! I told her that we could come her but she didn't want to wait!

Papa has the touch..... everytime! Putting the fact that this was nap time aside he really can get him to sleep everytime we come over. Memi gets the smiles right off the bat and papa puts him to sleep! What more could we ask for!

Crew of course as soon as we walk in the door is ready to 'tackle' us and play! Brodes and Kyler both have really followed suit but we love it because we see them and they come running! It would be horrible if they never wanted anything to do with us. We get our names shouted and then it's a dead sprint followed by a quick hug and then tickling and tackling! :)

Grandma even got some loving!

So tired! Being such a trooper....

Chris and Julie really out did themselves by getting him a Lynden Lions sweatshirt and duffel bag! Pretty classic for Lynden and now Cole can not wait to get to a game to show it off!

Crew being the older and oh so wise cousin was showing Booger how to open presents! Even though we all knew he couldn't wait to open more it was really sweet!

We are starting to see the longing in Kades eyes to be up and going with the rest of the boys! Scary? A little but we think it's going to be so fun!

Kade loved the paper more than any toy we put in front of him!

Bobos just tuckered out!

Bringing this morning to a halt we had such a GREAT time and got completely spoiled! We love our families and really couldn't ask for anything more! What a great Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps posted under my sister's account the first time!!! She was still logged on.

    It really was such a great day, we only had one party, but loved it! So fun to spoil Mr. Kader on his first Christmas....Did you even get ALL of the presents out of boxes and set up for him yet? Kader made out good this year, good thing because he has been a VERY GOOD little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a great first Christmas for Kade!

    ReplyDelete