Sunday, January 23, 2011

And they're off!

The family got together the Sunday before they were taking off to say goodbye and give their best wishes for safe travels and amazing adventures! I love how supportive and close knit our family is. We always have had this way of finding reasons to get together and you won't ever find me complaining!

Oh Uncle Rudy!  Not only does Kade love Rudy but I think he also LOVES being up so high!

Lexa with the boys

Kader was pooped and Ashley couldn't wait to get her hands on a cuddly baby!

Some of the best women I know!

Abs and Booger

Westyn and his missing tooth! He couldn't wait to tell/show everyone his new findings. Apparently losing teeth equals receiving money! If you didn't know....

The time came to send Rudy and Anna off and beings their flight left late and out of Seattle, the three of us didn't make the trek.... Instead we met them at my parents house to say a quick good bye! :( I know that its just a trip and that they will be coming home but the 'worst case senerio' part of me comes out every once and a while and thinks 'sometimes bad things happen' and 'what would I do with out my twin brother! - or Anna :)' They've both been through this a lot and are smart about traveling so I'm praying for their safe travels and also that they just have such a great time!

Chili Bean couldn't get off work so we went to her to say good bye


Baby kinda looks good on them ;)

Rudy is funny because for the most part we like to give each other a run for our money and dish out a lot of crap however, he is one of the most sensitive people I know! He kept saying how he was going to miss Kade  and that he was going to grow so much while he was gone. I told him that we would get skype and make sure he doesn't miss out on too much. I got countless amounts of I love you Bec 's and I'm going to miss you. Big ol' sap :)

Lots of kisses and late night makes for a tiiiiiiired baby!

Ready set GO!! This is everything they are taking for 4 1/2 months!! haha I suppose if I thought about everything I pack I have to haul, I could do that but it would be VERY difficult. Not to mention what you would buy while you were there and either have to ship back (not cheap) or find somewhere to pack it and there was not much room left in those packs!

Not a week into their trip I got an email from Rudy saying that they had made it to Ecuador safely and were currently sitting on the rooftop of their hostel drinking cheap wine and eating potato chips! :) I love the pictures he paints for me! I can't wait to get to Skpe or get another email..... I miss those two crazy kids already and I have to wait MUCH longer before I get to give a big fat hug!

1 comment:

  1. WOW they are so adventerous...and I could not just pack that!! Safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete