Saturday, August 7, 2010

July 12......A day to remember

Cole and I decided to finally get out of the house, just the two of us, and go out for a little date night :) We have always spent a lot of time out a Birch Bay and love it out there so we thought CJ's for dinner and then the beach sounded great! The weather was awesome so I brought the camera along thinking I would catch some great sunset pictures and try to capture our 'first' date/night out since the little man.

After dinner we walked down to our little spot on the point and I started setting up the camera with the self timer to get a picture. We were going to just take a quick picture because the tide was up and barely any room was left for us to hang out. I was pretty focused on telling Cole where to stand and making sure that it was going to be just right. I had actually said I can't wait till we can afford a ring and get married and that's when he responded you mean one like this one? I finally focused in on him and he was standing there in the picture holding a ring with a huge smile on his face and I melted, started shaking and cried! We had picked out a ring about a year and a half ago and had to put it on hold because money doesn't grow on trees unfortunately and Kade and a house were much more important to us. I didn't think that for 1 a man could pick out a ring I would LOVE and 2 that there was one out there better than the one I had originally had my eye on but yet again Cole surprised me! It's so perfect!



Before I realized he was standing there with a ring and about to propose, I had already clicked the timer to take a picture. By the time the camera took the photo this is what we got! I had completely forgotten that I clicked the picture with all the excitement and the fact that it had captured the moment so perfectly was SO amazing!! I would have to say it's the BEST first date picture I could've imagined for us! :)

I really did not even come close to seeing it coming and that is difficult to pull off! I love a surprise and always find a way to ruin it for myself however, Cole knows me too well and is very good and redirecting my way of thinking! I had actually told Cole that I thought he was acting funny and I knew something was up but I was convinced he was planning something for my birthday NOT an engagement! :) So smart! We are SO incredibly happy and feeling like we have been so blessed to have such an amazing life! We are planning for an August 6 wedding next year and can hardly wait!! :)



So happy and so in love! This is what life is all about!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rebecca...that is awesome!!! I am so happy for you guys you look so much in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love all the little details!! Now for the planning :)

    ReplyDelete