Monday, May 9, 2011

Family day in LaConner in search of tulips!

For as long as I have lived in Whatcom County AKA Lynden my whole life I have not once seen The Tulip Fields! I have always wanted to and for some reason this time of year has always been my busiest! It was usually my soccer getting back up and going again with Rangers and to me that was always heaven. As of now, soccer is over.... at least with playing on a WFC (Rangers) team but now we have both Cole and Kades birthdays along with Crew, Brody, my Papa, Auntie Lelah, the John, Meghan and Toms birthdays! Talk about a cluster and this year we're adding weddingS! Our family has had multiple wedding showers soon bachlorette parties and weddings! It's extremely exciting but also very time consuming. Putting that all aside Cole and I made it happen! I was WAY too excited and it was turning out to be a really pretty day!

We got into LaConner and saw what would be all these gorgeous fields with ZERO flowers! They all looked like they were just freshly harvested and turned! Talk about disappointing! We drove all over and I knew we were cutting it close but we were told the festival was still going on for a couple more days so we just assumed there were going to be flowers still! We decided to hop on into town and hang out. We figured it was a nice day, we drove all this way, we better at least do something out of the norm and even though I was totally bummed it turned out to be SO fun anyway! LaConner is actually a really cute town (again had never been) and being with my family I should've known flowers or no flowers it would have been a great day! While we were shopping and looking around I found a blown glass chandelier (the picture doesn't do it justice but you get the point) that I fell in love with! $3000 told me Cole wasn't going for it so I didn't hold my breath! :)


Once we were done with town and ready to head home we packed everything up and got on our way. Cole and taken a wrong turn which in his defense is easily done there.... but I did inform him of the correct way. ;) Turned out to be a GREAT mistake because we stumbled across this absolutely beautiful field FULL of red and purple tulips! YES! All I wanted was a family picture and some of Booger next to some flowers! My day couldn't have been more perfect and Cole then reassured me that he 'knew' where he was going. Seriously.....

The flowers were SO pretty but my men are SO very handsome! :)


This kid was hilarious with the flowers! We had a guy that was 'monitoring' the flowers and kept walking past us kind of giving us a hint like 'get your kid out of the flowers maybe?' I felt bad but they were good picture opportunities! Anything for a picture right moms? haha 
I guess I figured if we really ruined one of them I would just pay him for it....
Everything inevitably ends up in our mouth! Both Cole and I will be very happy when this stage is over!

What a lovely end to a beautiful family day! This will definitely be a yearly event now for us but next time we might not try to cut it so close! :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad you found a couple tulip fields! Super cute pictures. I'm jealous of you though, I've never been to the tulip fields either! I'm stuck over here on the "dead" side of the state where it's all brown lol. We don't have pretty tulips here! HA! Anyways, glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I want a copy of that family picture, and you better just make one for Leslie while you are at it, ha!
    Maybe next year the boys and I will join you for the festivities, we may be paying for a lot of damaged flowers then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun little adventure! Very cute family picture! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete