Saturday, October 16, 2010

SOAKING wet boots and Huskies

Cole and I have not had a full weekend off together in what seems like the entire time we've been together that hasn't been preplanned with a vacation, and last weekend we did! So we went down to Seattle with Meg and Tom and scalped some tickets to the UW ASU game! I brought VERY warm clothes and layers upon layers (I always figure I can strip down and drop a few) and the whole way down we kept hoping the rain was going to stay away. It didn't look too terrible however, as soon as the game started it brought the rain with it! Not just a little rain but a fricken monsoon! I was making fun of Meghan for wearing rain boots but in the end it was me that was wishing I had some! The positive to all this was that it really wasn't that cold and Cole and found us some ponchos :) When we found our seats I sat next to an 80 year old man and immediately became best friends! Cole was laughing at me for talking so much (a couple of drinks will do that to me :) ) but I swear that guy was talking to me! haha We had such a great time and couldn't have gotten out and enjoyed ourselves if Papa and Memi didn't take Booger! THANK YOU! :) By half time we, along with everyone else in the stadium, were soaking wet! Yes, even the ones undercover because the walk alone to the stadium was enough! We decided to head to the Mountlake Brewery and catch the second half. We had such an awesome server, got some good food and a couple drinks. It was the perfect way to top off the night!
Such a great night but we couldn't wait to get back to our little man! I don't know what we're going to do when we go on our honeymoon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment