Saturday, June 26, 2010

A little Relay

So last night was Relay for Life at the Lynden High School track and we went to support my uncle Jim who has now officially been to 9 Relays either fighting or in remission (for 9 years)!! It's so awesome to see him completely light up at these events! You can really tell how much it means to him not only to be there for his own battle but to be there supporting his fellow cancer survivors and those battling. My uncle Jim is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and is always willing to do anything for anyone but can be a little bit more quiet in bigger groups. However, last night everytime we turned around he was talking to a new person and what would take 2 mins or less to get around the lap took 15! haha

Alexa and I decided to pack the kids in the strollers and walk over to the high school and get our excersice in and by the time I walked to Lexa's, to the high school, around the track several times and then back home, I was exhausted! I really can't wait till my body is fully recovered and i'm back to my normal, hard to wear out self!



Right before the survivor lap. Jim was one of the few survivors asked to cut the ribbon. I thought that was pretty cool :)



Uncle Yimmy on his survivor lap! So proud of him!! haha He referred to his metals as his 'bling' all evening.



SURVIVOR!!!



The rest of us joining him after the survivor lap





One of Jimmy's luminary bags :)



I love my Maassens!



Such a beautiful day to Relay!

No comments:

Post a Comment