Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Penthouse Suite....

.....Of the hospital that is! When they first brought us into the 'large' room we were so excited to have so much space, to be at the end of the hallway away from most noise and even an extra special bed for Cole that I kind of forgot about having to stay a couple extra days. Needless to say my butt, back, hips and any other part of my body could not wait to get the heck out of dodge when that third day came around no matter how I felt. I was just thankful that the babies were doing so well and they gave us the go ahead!

Because we were there for so long we got an extra amount of visitors (which we love!) and of course I was awful with the camera and didn't get everyone that came.... In fact I missed most. Dangit! Here's what I could find between everyones pictures..... I'm going to have to make up for some very important people being missed including Chuck and Leslie, Rudy and Anna, Emma and Wyatt. Talk about upsetting!


Gaga Kennadi and Kader about to give his sister some kisses

Nanny..... I love this woman and I know I will cherish these pictures!

Papa.... This man has such a special place in my heart! Those big ol' mitts are just about as big as my babies!

My boys! This picture just melts my heart!!

Chris and Jules

Me and my fasha

Deja Vu?! haha We have really been enjoying seeing my parents with the babes. They are naturals and have definitely done this before! My mom especially is an amazing woman capable of a LOT! One of the best mentors when it comes to babies :)

After three days and only little visits here and there I could not wait to get my Kader back and start the process of 'gelling' together as a family of five. I'm not really the first to burst into tears or be that touchy and still am not however, having kids I think brings that out more and more, but the first day home I was a hot touchy mess! I think the whole adjustment period effected me more than anyone.

The guilt I had for not having as much cuddle/play/talk/hang out time for Kade was a killer! I'm sure the hormones didn't help a dang bit, but still! Cole would just try to talk to me about everyday stuff and I would start crying! What the?! I could not for the life of me stop it and he just kept asking are you going to be okay and giving me hugs (didn't help). More attention the worse it got! Thank goodness that only lasted one day but it wasn't fun and was such a weird feeling not being able to control it!

Now that we're all settled in and adjusted and doing great, I have days of feeling like super mom and doing great and then I have days of OH MY GOODNESS 'What in the world am I doing?!' haha in my defense we have more of the first kid of days than second ;) Life is so great...Not perfect and kind of a mess at times but perfect to me. I kinda like crazy and out of control sometimes.... What a boring life it would be if it weren't.....right? haha

1 comment:

  1. So true! And man that room was nice and big! :) Makes me excited for my baby. I hope you're doing good and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete